PRODUCT FEATURES: ACPYF100
- Protects and restores
- Seals Leaks
The A/C Pro® R-1234YF A/C Recharge kit is designed to work with all vehicles with R-1234YF systems, including hybrids and electrics, and features a specially designed formula and easy-install snap-lock coupler.
The advanced formula works quickly to seal common A/C leaks in rubber O-rings, gaskets, and hoses, while also providing anti-wear additives and preventing the effects of harmful contaminants such as oxygen. It’s easy and convenient to use with an included universal gauge that works with both self-sealing valves and piercing can tops.
- Specifically designed to work with R-1234YF systems with a specially designed formula and easy-install YF snap-lock coupler.
- Provides colder, drier air with special additives designed to improve refrigerant performance within the A/C system.
- Excellent leak sealing – advanced formula works quickly to seal common A/C leaks in rubber O-rings, gaskets, and hoses.
- Extends A/C life by providing anti-wear additives and preventing the effects of harmful contaminants such as oxygen.
- Works with all R-1234YF vehicles including hybrids and electrics.
- Easy, convenient, and accurate recharging with a universal reusable gauge that works with both self-sealing valves and piercing can tops.
The low side service valve is located in the line that runs from the compressor through the evaporator (firewall) and up to the condenser on the low pressure (suction) side of the system. R-134a recharge hoses will only fit on the low side service port on all R-134a vehicles and R-12 vehicles that have been converted to R-134a. If you don’t know where your low side port is, you can try using our low side port finder.
The only fitting that the standard recharge equipment will fit is the low side service port.
The EPA requires that ANY replacement refrigerant MUST have unique fittings, charging devices and label. Therefore, the EPA states that “drop in” refrigerants are illegal. Furthermore, only R-134a has been tested and approved by the original equipment manufacturers.
No. Federal law prohibits topping off an R12 system with a different refrigerant. Your options are to locate some R12, however you must be certified to purchase, and add it with an R-12 recharge hose. Or you can convert the system using one of our R-134a retrofit kits that will allow you to now add 134a refrigerant to your automotive air conditioning system. You will have to make sure that you remove any residual R12 by having it evacuated prior to retrofitting your vehicle.
- Turn the valve handle of the charging kit counterclockwise until the piercing stem is in the up position. This will prevent accidentally piercing the can. Screw the charging kit onto the can.
- Attach the quick connect fitting to the low side service port.
- Start engine and put A/C settings on maximum cool with the fan settings on high.
- Turn the valve handle clockwise until the piercing stem has punctured the can.
- Turn the valve counterclockwise until you feel the refrigerant leaving the can. See packaging for complete details. Always wear protective gloves and eyewear.
The tricks of the trade
GuidesA cheatsheet of everything to do with your car’s A/C, so you can feel confident using our A/C Pro® recharge products. There’s no need to call a mechanic!Learn more
GuidesThere’s nothing worse than the A/C blowing warm air in your face on a summer day. Check out our A/C Pro® troubleshooting guide for faulty A/C systems.Learn more
GuidesYour car’s windows can accumulate dirt and dust particles, road grime, tree sap, water spots, bugs and bird droppings. Knowing how to clean auto glass and how to keep your windshield clean is essential for safe driving.Learn more